Wednesday 28 March 2012

Perfect Gift For the Perfect Girl


I went through a lot looking for the perfect gift for you. I walked through Woolworths at City Mall, I found a lot of good stuff I could get you, I did a round at City Walk, checked out the bags and shoes, good stuff but nothing felt enough for you. I was tempted to walk to Cartier upstairs they have a nice advert on BBC, there jewels are the epitome of jewelry. But it didn't feel enough. I saw the way you looked at that convertible Bentley as we walked in for a movie at Nyali Cinemax, if my wallet was obese enough I would get it for you, maybe in the future it would  but I don't think it would be enough.

But hypothetically, say I got you the RangeRover Will it make your life perfect? Will it give you everything you wanted?

If I were to give you a gift, and for some reason I had the ability to do that I would give you something else, I would give you two boys and one girl. And an adopted one cause then it would be one less child in the streets. And more than that I would give you kids that were as bright as As in school. I would give you enough to take them to the best school in the country where they will be free from purnishment, no one will tell them to kneel down when they don't do their assignment. I would give you enough to take them to a school they are treated like princes and princesses. And their abilities are recognized. And their school visits are meaningful. And I would ensure a trust fund is kept for them that will last them from kindergarten to the best university in the world. And I would ensure that they get through the best school no matter what their grades are cause I would make sure you sit at the boards of the best schools in the world. The board approves exceptions, D, E, F make it to College.

If I could give you something I would start with that. If I could get you a gift I would give you a house that will stand for your life time, so that even when you don't have anything to eat which you will never you fail to get from the world at least you will always have a place to sleep. And it would be located at the perfect location, a neighborhood with trees where post-election violence can't touch, where fences are low not by design but by work of an active neighborhood Council. It wouldn't matter how low the fences will be, or grill-less the windows will be, it doesn't matter cause the minister of security or the president stays next door, you can be sure it would always be safe.

It doesn't have to be big but I would wish it has a family room, cause I hope you will have a family that you will keep close, and probably a golf corse at the backyard with swimming pools as golf waterways for you to bond with your family every Sunday afternoon. If the power was with me, there would be a chopper-pad back there or on the roof, cause boarding school happens in Kenya, and it would be nice if when your kids were older and they schooled at that nice school in Molo every Sunday they could get flown to the city for a little family time. Do you know that school in Molo? Cause that's the whole point of everything, a helicopter is useless if it doesn't let you love your family members better, a home theater is useless if it doesn't help you bond better with your friends. Everything is for relationships, even church to talk to God better, and fellow struggling Christians. How many relationships do you have? That's success? How good are they? That's what I would give you if I could.

If I was to give you something I would give you a self-running company. A cash cow of sorts, cause I don't want you to spend your life toiling to make ends met. I would wish you had more than enough so that the job you choose has purpose and the purpose is not solely to make a profit, you will have the luxury of choosing what makes you happy. Who ever gets that choice?

If what you feel passionate about is designing houses, you can do it almost for free, cause first if all you have enough, second of all you are free to do whatever. If I were to give you something I would give you such opportunity, you would wake up in the morning, walk into a building that needs some art in it. You snap your fingers the walls will get repainted, you would move a painting here hang it there. It would start at eight in the morning cause when it's something fun you are doing it can start at whatever time, up to midnight if you wish. You will not have to put up with staff that are a problem, you will work with people you laugh with, no need to be a boss. It's not about money, it's about passion. You will not leave until it is as beautiful as you want it to be, freedom.

I hope the work you choose to do will give you a sense of accomplishment, and enjoyment, you will not do it cause you have to do it but cause you want to do it.

That would be the perfect gift, to watch you at two in the morning so engrossed in what you do that you don't notice it is night. That will make you happy, I am sure of it.

If I was to give you a gift, I would give you talent and confidence in it, something you can do so well when you are around with your friends you can talk about. I want you to live, that's the gift I would love to give you.

And I would wish you found a place in your heart for those who the world hasn't treated so fairly. I wish you would find a way to sacrifice and feel good about saving a life.

And I wish for eternity for you, I wish you realize that this world is not a forever thing, that we die like rats even though we live as queens, even though your life will be perfect I wish you realize religion as well as find your purpose in it. I hope you find forgiveness, cause the perfect life prepares for the perfect excite. Plus a perfect entry into eternity.

If I could give you a gift I would give you no harm, maybe a little scandal here and there but nothing so major to give you depression. Just a little Nancy Baraza saga without you losing the job. You get what I mean. If I could erase every heart break you had, make them go away so that if you were to talk about your bad past you would talk about it without emotion in your voice, you would say it like you were reading it from a book, like it were just text that means nothing to you but mindless narration. That would be my gift to you.

I am walking around here and I see nothing good enough for you.