Saturday 21 April 2012

Can I sit next to you?



I've been seeing this girl in school. Problem is she is always with her friends otherwise I would say hi to her. I have caught her checking out whether I am checking her out. She walks in front of me pretending she is looking to the left or to the right, but I know she is looking behind. I make sure she catches me looking at her.

So this day the moon decided to fall in my hands. She was seated alone. My heart starting beating. I had been waiting for that moment for months.

Stop beating. I told my heart. You are going to make my voice sound shaky. Stop thinking my mind, if you think too much you are going to make saying hi to her too much a big deal and you have only this one chance. Don't blow it!

"hi..."

"hi."

Shoot. She is so beautiful. Her hair has such color. Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Don't run speechless. Think of something to talk about.

"waiting for somebody?"

"no"

"can I seat next to you?"

"sure."

I placed my bag on the seat. I sat next to her. We talked. I made her laugh. She even gave me the cheat-code to her heart.

She likes men who are confident. She likes men who are the best. They dominate. She believes she is hot. Therefore she deserves the best. So if she has to have a man, that man must be seen by other women to be the best. She likes doors open for her. If you invited her to your place it has to be hygienic, no rats, cockroaches or frogs lingering about. I was going to be the perfect man.

The next time we met, we were at Nyali Cinemax. I made sure to do everything right. I even tipped the attendant at the movie counter. I let her through the door before me just like the perfect gentleman she saw admires.

I got Soda and Pepsi, some pop corns. As we got into the cinema hall, when the guy who gives 3D lenses gave me one first. I quickly corrected him. Women first.

I held her hand as we walked in. She stepped on some guy. A huge dude with a girl. Now that was going to be tricky. When men are with women, they will fight. I had to act first.

"babe, take the drinks and the pop corns, go seat am coming..."

"No, she stepped one me."

"just go babe, we will settle this as men."

He had stood up. The Goliath of a guy. His chic was seated. Watching.

I started walking to the aisle, on the claim we should handle it there. He followed me reluctantly.

Once he was there, minus an audience, I knew his stupid ass will come down, cause what's the point of showing your muscle to a guy.

"by the way, pole that chic man, she's patiad me stress, haven't even tapped that. I don't want maneno with her, I just want to be over and done with, alafu you know polee, she stepped on you, but if we start handa-ing her, sijui she will want to go home and all..."

"easy, man, easy..."

"ahh you haven't tapped? Mazee, poleeee, poleeee."

"what do you say we head back watch the movie, try get head?"

"at the cinema, ahhh you guy, that would be tamu."

So we left back for our seats.

"what happened?"

"c you know me, am a man, I sorted it out."

"did you fight..."

"love, this is the 21st century, soldiers that fight with there hands win the battle but lose the war, the ones that fight with their heads win both."

When she laughed. I knew it was a sealed deal. She curved her hand under mine. But just to be sure.

"babe, let me head to the washroom..."

I quickly headed to Nakumatt the one close to the Cinema. I got a chocolate gift box, I got a small bottle of Baileys cream. I bribed the guy at the cinema door with a small mzinga to let me in with drinks.

When I got back, I didn't show her what I got until the movie was hot. After one, two, three kisses. I comfortably opened the bottle of Baileys, i got her attention from the snapping of the paper that wraps it. The sweet chocolate coffee smell flooded our atmosphere. I saw her back arch up from the eager.

"is that?"

"yes it is..."

"is that?"

"chocolate... Yes it is."

"for me,"

"yes for you."

I did everything right. I was the man of her dreams. We enjoyed the movie. She was happier than a cocktail.

But things didn't work out.

So, one time, when I was in school. I saw her again. She looked fine. She was in jeans, the blue but almost white. Her top was shouting blue. The color Facebook is. It had no fade, it's like she didn't wear anything that almost faded. She had more electronics than I do. iPad2 that made my iPad fill like it was a KAK 178old. Her phone had a stylus and what not.

Her earrings looked like the ones advertised on Msafiri. Her hand bag was blue clothe like a tent but finer, softer with a brown sitting like a Bently interior.

She pretend not to see me. She kept on staring at some Toyota that had a driver who loved his horn. The tinted window was rolled down. But I couldn't see inside. I guess when she realized I wasn't moving from where I was. She just ran to the car, opened the co-drivers seat and they left.

I was perplexed.

What a rude guy? Can't he park? Can't he open the door for her? Can't he be confident enough to pick her in public? I thought she liked the best? Wasn't that a small Toyota?

Ahh. Now I get it. Money, he must have given her money and I didn't. No wonder. That's why when I was dropping her at the club Rio with her friends she kept staring at my wallet that was on the dashboard.

She thinks that opening doors. Chocolates. Taking her out to nice places. Dormans and what not makes her smile. She actually does. I wish she knows what makes twinkle is money. NkT. Good digger doesn't even know she is a gold digger. I guess it is true what they say, you think you know what you love, but the truth is you are biased, the best person to ask what you love, are your friends and lovers. Those that are as close to you as your underwear.--for those who wear one everyday.

I felt horrible.

As I was walking back to class. I saw some other girl. Seated exactly where the previous one had sat. She was fly. If I kept on thinking about the past, I will not move on. So I walked up to her.

"hi"

"hi..."

"can I seat next to you?"