Saturday 18 February 2012

Chess.


Who cares? Will it ever be enough? The more effort you put in something, the more you find it's hard to surrender. But its not always easy to travel not knowing the future. You might not know what is good, or what is bad, cause the future is unpredictable.

No one wants to make a bad decision and stick with it to the end, what if the future of that bad decision is a waste of time? It is a thin line between persistence and madness. But then again, you might make a good decision, and the whole future becomes a fortunate affair.

Sometimes it's not laziness, sometimes we suffer from an overly open mind. Call it being pessimistic or whatever you must, eventually it all boils down to... Predicting the future, and making decisions today which we hope shall set us high up with the stars in the future.

Sometimes that's what slows down our day, isn't it? Just before you do what you want to do, you start questioning what's the use of it all? And when you question that, you don't have the motivation, you don't have the urge, you want to quit, try something else right?

And in the end sometimes you find that you tried so many things since you gave up on so many things thinking they weren't meant for you, if you only knew how the future would go, you would have not given up. You would have not wasted your time being a whore jumping from one path to another, you would have selected one and flown with it. And sometimes I try to put myself in the future, and imagine what I would hope I should have done today. And it's also a prediction,you never know for sure, you just hope...

Hope that the decisions you make today, the efforts you put today, will reward in the future. Don't you? Hope?

I guess all that is left in this very volatile world, and on my absolutely unique path is hope. And not just blind hope, blind hope ignores all the signs. It doesn't notice when you need to alter your route a little, blind hope doesn't recognize that you need to do things a little bit differently. I don't want my hope to be that blind, I want to look at the future and make the right calculations on the next move, like on a chess board, you never know what the future is, but somehow, you can predict it, if you take time to plan your moves before you make them.

Come to think of it, life is just like a chess board, for anyone that wants to be king. And when you think about it like that, it's never that serious. Is a chess board game that serious anyways?

Unpredictable future here I come, making the right moves, till check mate, and am king.

What makes it hard is that, for you to cut through the future successfully, you have to predict misfortune awaiting you, but if you just look at the misfortune, you become a pessimist, and luck is allergic to people who are pessimist.

What makes it hard is that, and you can't just decide that you will become a complete optimist, cause sometimes, absolute optimism miss out reality, and reality might screw you over if you don't plan to watch and dodge misfortune in your future. It's like ignoring the tennis ball the tennis ball that's about to hit you in your face on the basis you are optimistic it will duck out of your way instead of you smacking it back to the other court.

Predicting the future is so bloody hard, making the right moves to set yourself with the stars, but I guess, all we got to do is, do the best we can, predict it, hope that the wind blows us to the right direction, hope that after we plant it will rain, and a harvest will happen.

What I know for sure, if we suffer from indecision we will be sure to be screwed over. We will never plant, I might be making a bad decision as I do this, or a good one, but you know what,in the end it is my decision. In the end I tried, in the end I did what I hoped will be good for me.

And when it pays off I will celebrate, and when it doesn't I will not. But through out the journey I will have fun, I will make sure I have fun. Cause at the end, life is just but another game, life is just but another chess board game.

Are you playing or you want to watch others play? Come one, join me, let's play some chess. Bring a bottle of Baileys, bring a couple of hot women to watch us play, play some beautiful music in the background, wear nice pair of shoes, wrap cashmere, wool and linen around yourself, silk shiny maroon ties, let's make this game rock.

Check mate!