Sunday 12 February 2012

A Step Ahead.



It was last year when we met. I remember you in your Land Rover, I remember me in a Mercedes. I remember us at that car wash in Hurlingam. I remember me thinking, you were to young to drive, I admit I was excited when I found out you had a drivers license, cause then that meant you were over eighteen, that was important cause I wanted you from then. I remember you asking me for my BBM pin, I remembered the way you talked, and I felt a little heart broken cause I thought you might not just be a student in Kenya.

But the sun came up, we have been together for almost a year now. We have been to places with chimneys, we have been to cold places like Limuru, nice hotels, we have been in hot places, white beaches. We have been hot and cold, but we have always been together.

Slow down baby, I really need you to hear this. When the sun comes up, and am not by your side be strong, when the stars flood the skies and am not around you don't forget me, cause you remember the first time. Our love has been so pure, so if am not besides you baby, when you call me and it goes to voice mail, it doesn't mean that my heart isn't with you, wherever I am I am thinking about you. So don't worry, don't let a tear drop, don't get feisty, cause am thinking about you, and am the dress you wear, am the watch you wear, I am the feeling you feel in your heart.

I love the way you make me feel and if you are an angel I am sort of a reflection of you. I say that loosely though cause you know I am the most defined person you have ever met. I just want to say I love you. I know you watched time pass by without being able to connect to me. I spent hours standing outside my door baby, someone had my keys and treated me badly, and I was getting late to travel, I hadn't packed and it was a few minutes before the bus left. So, I wasn't able to charge my phone, if I had been able we would talk the whole way on the bus. But I got to the house late babe, and I didn't charge it. I wish I talked to you during those eight hours, you know eight hours dont just pass by without us talking.

And I wanted to write you something princess, but I just couldn't. I kind of got the seats in the bus that are supposedly VIP. You know the large leather ones, but problem is the driver was a little bitch about something to do with the light on my iPad disrupting his driving, so I just had to think about you and not be able to tell you I was thinking about you since my stupid phone was off, and the bitchy driver was just that.

I wish I took a flight, I must take a flight next time. I can't stand those hours again, never! Never ever... Premier Business World is not what they think it is.

I got home and I was so tired I almost got into bed with my shoes. And honey did I sleep. I wanted to plug my phone, give you a call, but the logistics involved in that, too much. But I dreamed about you, remember the little chat we had, it was so sexually charged. I thought it was important that even though my eyes were swollen with sleep, I had to hear from you.

The next morning I woke up way after the sun. I feel bad I missed church, doesn't do good since I want to go back to being an angel. I would even start wearing sheer white and gold, and be so selfless a golden halo would form at the top of my head. But I missed that...

Went for shopping, did I tell you I hadn't plugged my phone. Did I tell you I didn't fly here I took a bus? Buses have jet lag when you are in them for eight hours, forty minutes in the air has none, and if I flew we would have talked together on end, and you would have been early to pick me from the airport that I am sure about more than you are sure about.

I don't want you to forget me, I saw the photos you sent me, you crossing some two island on a string bridge. Your pops must really love you, I kind of noticed every Sunday he takes time to make you happy. I had dinner with family too, was a little too tired to talk to much during, but I managed some laughter, did I tell you I was tired.

Went to the shop and saw our ex-driver. He is the devil, I wish he rot in hell, such things make it hard for me to be an angel... I guess when I updated about that you freaked out, cause you know how much he messed our family. Be strong Bobby, I tell myself, but I can't, but when you touch me at that time, you are the voice of reason, and I stop to roar, and be calm. You are such a woman, as I am such a man.

I am okay, I am fine, I had prawns and squid today. That white stuff, you also have issues with white stuff... I don't know, something to do with me putting white food in my mouth, and you having to swallow white stuff...

All in all babe, I just wish you would know, that sometimes my life gets really complicated, and you might feel like you are going to voice mail too often, but remember love, that where you are I am right there next to you, even now as you cover yourself under that soft blanket that still has my touch, my thoughts are for you, about you, and are with you.

Don't forget me my love, don't forget me, I never forget you my love, I never do. We will be together soon my love, valentines is close, and we will be with wine glasses and fish fingers, in the wilderness, in the  wilderness.

Don't let a little silence make you leave, don't let a little silence make us take a step behind. We have always been a step ahead, we are us. Be with me, no matter what, I have been with you no matter what.