Thursday 5 April 2012

But do not not bitch.


They say it's about how you look at the world. It's not actually what is happening in the world but it's how you look at it.

Let me explain, the High Court has just allowed Advocates to advertise. I hear murmurs from young lawyers that they will be fucked, cause they will not be able to run ads on television and will therefore miss all the clients.

But the way I look at it, run an ad on tv about advocates and everyone will be dialing a lawyers number anytime some idiot cop decides to arrest them in the dark streets of Westlands walking out of a club. As in, generally the industry will do well, and when the industry does well big shot lawyers will be in choppers, small time lawyers will be in Subaru's. Not that bad right?

It's kind of like the banking industry. It's doing well now cause the big banks advertised there asses off. They told students that they also needed an account even though they are not on a salary. Mama mbogo pia was asked to open an account, advertising! And she did, cause banks convinced us that you couldn't just be a citizen and exist without an account. If you started a bank right now, let's call it @astoldbybobby- Bank. I wouldn't advertise trying to convince people that they need a bank account, all the big banks have convinced everyone they need bank accounts, mine will be to just convince people not to bank with such and such a bank, instead to bank with me. Get my drift?

Same for lawyers, let them advertise, let the big shot lawyers convince everyone needs a lawyer, even mama mboga like banks have, let the adverts be seen by those who don't think they need lawyers so that they need the, so that everyone is suing everyone,when everyone is suing everyone then the industry does well, plus businesses learn not to shit on people. One small mistake and you close down. Don't you want to look at a cop right in his face when he holds you inappropriately and tell them... "I will sue your ass..." it's a win win, everyone is treated like an egg, everyone treats everyone like an egg. People are happier, big shot lawyers charge an arm and a leg, young lawyers charge a leg alone.

So, I support advocates advertising, cause we are almost moving out of the information age, people must know that when someone fucks them up the government has a court that can help them fuck up those that fucked them up in the first place. Yes, that is awesome.

Moving on, as I said, it's the way you look at the world, if you look at it from a negative point of view all you will see are risks. If you look at it from a positive perspective, happy, you will see opportunity.

But we are human, when something sad happens, we are sad, and when one is sad you touch them by mistake alafu they are like...

"nini, what? We fight? Nini boss? Unanni gusa kwanini?"

But when we are having a good day, some chic brushes on you and your like...

"it's, okay... Hi... You look beautiful."

I realized this very early. But I forget. It is good not to have a photographic memory, cause a photographic memory would always replay how some idiot dame I used to bang banged my pal.

The mind works like this, the things you keep thinking about or reading about are moved into the long term memory, you remember those sweet moments and every time you remember them it's like you are revising your notes, you remember.

The nasty stuff you aren't supposed to think about, out of sight out of mind, so natural right... Replay good moments so that you dont forget them, trash moments you don't replay so that you forget them.

I kept a diary, not cause am a pussy, I get pussy. And the whole idea of the diary would be to train me to look at the world from a more positive angle, for every sentence I bitch, I say two good things.

First cause if I just write happy stuff in my diary, it will be like I am taking grass and grass is bad. So, there need to be a balance, bitch less and compliment more. But do not not bitch at all.


Journal entry 6:38pm
Dear J,
My Easter Holiday is in the toilet, I can't believe the last four flights I have booked i have missed consistently. But am glad am going on holiday, I will get a chance to be with family. Besides, if I hadnt missed my flight I wouldn't have written this lovely post. If I hadn't missed the flight the tonnes of potatoes I would have left in the kitchen would have rotten until the small idiot ugly snails start snaking inside them.

It's a shitty day but am Happy cause with every bad emotion comes a good post, and with every bad emotion I promise myself to rise up higher. Failure and small screw ups are only treated by a dose of extreme ambition some music to inspire me to come up with a plan to breath in life to my ambitions.

And I can't wait to kiss my girl.

No Miss.Journal, am not kissing you, I just use you to make sure I am happy more than sad. They say it's about how you look at the world. It's not actually what is happening in the world but it's how you look at, and journal you are helping me do that. And you can't dump me no matter how hard I press this pen on you.

Goodnight.