Friday 13 April 2012

Ashamed of her.




How many times do you hit snooze on your alarm clock before you shut it down all together?

It is different now, I wake up at the sound of the early bird. I let myself have this belief that finally this is the day I strike gold. I never do, but I let myself believe that every morning cause it helps me run. It puts fireworks in me.

First thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Check your email? Text? Notifications? Yes, am everybody, I checked them out to.

Another blind date. I really should quit this. I am for meeting people, but this idea of meeting people online I don't dig at all. I know it's modern and all, easier maybe, you post your c.v out there on the Internet, and you go for that first meeting.

"can we meet at Coffee Hut?"

"I will be coming to town at 2pm."

"okay. See you then."

Experience is a good teacher, I learnt from the school of hard knocks the worst thing you can ever do is wait for someone idle. So, as much as I made an appointment, I went on with life as usual.

It was 2pm, I was busy, looked at my watch, looked at my phone, no missed call.

3pm, no missed call.

I was the one that wanted something, but I didn't want to keep calling asking where are you. Sometimes it helps bothering the other party cause some people don't feel guilty about being late unless they constantly feel that phone vibrate in their pockets.

But I have already defined my place in life, and my place in life is I dont chase after people like I have no pride or self-worth.

At 4pm, she texts telling me we should meet at some place called Summerlink. I dont know where the fuck that is.

But since she has been difficult all this time, I decide, hey... Let me meet her get this over and done with.

"Summerlink, boss, twende." I tell the cab guy.

He tells me he will charge me a hundred bob for actually dropping me at the entrance to the hotel. Huh? He gave some excuse about the road and having to go round. I decided to walk. Besides, his swahili was to costarian to keep up with.

So, there I am walking down the streets, and am thinking pick pockets and what not. There I am processing the place in my mind, dodging this street vendors selling sun glasses and what not. There I am wondering why they have to do their damn business where people walk. But there I am thinking at least their is no way I can get mugged at such a crowded place. So, I clutch my bag harder. I walk a little faster wishing I had dictated the terms of the meeting. This must be her territory not mine so I will be the uncomfortable party.

"hey, where are you?"

"hello?"

I saw her. I looked at the stairs and saw some women. They were working age but dressed as teenagers. You know, pink strap bra leaping out of clothing. Buggy shorts like they were rappers. Some tight ones, too tight for town. And I can promise you I could smell latex. I could smell sex, I really hate it when I can smell sex on a woman on the streets.

"hi."

And my legs just walked passed her. I just continued walking. My phone rang, I could see her caller I.D but couldn't stop.

Reputation is like a ghost that sticks to defend you when people are back stubbing you and you are not present. Ever heard something like...

"Bobby can't do that, not Bobby. I know Bobby..." -Reputation!

Ever heard of something like...

"I know a brilliant lawyer, talk to that guy Bobby..." -Reputation!

Reputation is something that grows a part from yourself, we are human, everyone somehow has ever judged a book by it's cover. I make sure I am of good reputation, that's why I cannot be seen to be lingering around odd buildings with people I don't know who do what...

I was to meet her yes, I was to meet her about my blog and marketing it. She seems to have marketing skills. I have seen her updates, I have seen her hype up events. She asked me to send her money for her rent sometime cause she was broke, I sent. No questions asked. I was being nice. Don't I talk about being philanthropic, haya ndio hiyo, give and not expect back. Store wealth in heavens account. Check my balance? But I think she totally misread the situation.

Lady, I wanted you to market my blog. I was serious! Now look at how uncomfortable you have made the vibe between us? This might not be serious to you, but look here, am trying to reach up to my reputation. They say I will write something really ground breaking one day and am living up to that reputation, it's my motivation, ever hard of fake it till you make it?

And to tell you the truth, I really feel ashamed of you. That is if you drop your pants, or lift your skirt to pay bills. Come on, we all here are having a hard time, we all are barely making it. We all are working off.

What you doing is wrong, and their is completely no justification for what you are doing. No, no matter what. Come on!

If I misinterpreted the situation, I am very sorry. Really really sorry. I guess it's better if I dictate the meeting venues.