Wednesday 4 April 2012

Cold July in Nairobi.




It is every guys intention to not officially declare that he is in a relationship with a girl. Especially when he has two. Relationships are not a polygamy, marriage can be! But relationships have to be monogamous.

I had two girls at that time, I knew very well the moment I declared with one we were dating, the other would walk away.

"so, when are you going to ask me out?"

"...relax, let everything fall into place."

And it would be relax everything will fall into place as long as I could stretch it out simply cause that way, I could have the two.

I liked the one with the beautiful dark skin. She was a lawyer. She always told me I looked smashing in some light blue polo shirt I loved to wear, which I wore forever after that.

I liked the light skinned one, she had a bigger bosom than her sitting allowance. A beautiful smile, brilliant taste, very hyper.

I wanted to keep them both cause when one failed to show up, the other would. I wanted them both cause one had a big bosom, the other had a bigger sitting allowance. I wanted them both cause Nairobi can be cold in July.

So, one day I was in class writing... Writing text messages since the lecturer sang such a lovely lullaby. I got this text.

-hey, am at your place. Where are you?

-am in class.

Then a few minutes after.

-hi, I want to come to your place. Where are you?

-am in class. Come kesho.

Both these girls didn't stop with the texting. It was fifteen minutes till the end of my class. I decided they can wait. It wasn't Nairobi University though where you can walk out of class as you wish.

"today am on demand man... Where you going after class?"

"home."

"home to who?"

"home alone."

"just look outside at that rain. Am going to get lucky today man, you can go home jerk off."

"don't be an asshole. Whose you texting?"

"don't be an asshole. Whose you texting?"

He tried to grab my phone that's what made us get out of class fifteen minutes before it ended. We were kicked out. Yeah, and they call it University. University my foot...

He was finally going through my text. I had to boast with evidence.

"dude, they are both waiting for you at your gate..."

"what? What do you mean?"

"you think it's a coincidence they are all eager you meet them now, both of them"

"ah you just being jealous man, ebu bring my phone back"

The excitement on my face flashed out like make-up does when a girl gets dumped; he made me see things in his eyes. He left for home, when one leaves an argument you are left with nothing but time to think, he had made sense, why were they all of a sudden very interested in where I was and what time I would get home? Could they have been both waiting for me?

I don't think any man has a problem having two chics cat fight for him. But there is a problem when it is in an estate. The landlord normally wouldn't be very happy about that, it's already enough you in college and you renting out a place. Now? Cat fight? After the noise at night? At a very quiet neighborhood without even a piece of paper littered on the estate road. It was raining and I thought maybe it wouldn't be in my interest to go to my own house at that time.

So, I figured maybe i should chill in school for about an hour, if they are still at my gate, in an hours time they will have left... But to be safe I decided I would give them two hours.

"hey, when you coming, am waiting for you..."

"what you wearing by the way?"

"jeans..."

Hehe. There was no way she was going to be allowed into the school in jeans on a weekday, I was safe in school. I sat at the cafeteria, ordered some coffee, a smokey and sponge cake. I was going to be there a while.

I was thinking... How dare they try to out smart me, they expected me to just walk into a trap. Both waiting for me at the gate waiting to scream choose one. Pointing fingers at each other. And guys peeping out of there window in their houses. Public spectacle. I outsmarted them. But what if that's not the case? What if she was the only one there? I had made her wait for more than two hours outside my door looking desperate?

And all she had been to me was good. She had been  good to me on those cold days in July from morning till evening. And when evening came and it was cold I asked her to call her sister who she stayed with in L.A to tell her she will not be it making home. She would get some tongue lashing, but I would make it up by making her sweat all night long. What am I doing to her woiye?

But then, you never know women. Women are never really friends to each other. Boys are friends for years, dames divorce each other all the time. They could have gotten pissed at each other and decided to vent it out on me at the gate.

I put my laptop in my bag. The rain had died down, it was a little over two hours. I hoped I would find her at the gate, the girl with the bosom alone. But again, I would have felt bad I made her wait.

There was still the possibility that both would be there agitated so the drizzly rain made small drops on my leather jacket, my leather shoes splashed water, my scuff was wet but kept me warm, I sank my gloves in my pocket. It was July. Cold July.

I had to get home sometime, I was getting home... What awaited me you will read about in my next post. But what do you think happened?