Tuesday 17 April 2012

Who will win the election?



The highest office in Kenya is a sure path to turn your blood and the blood of your bloodline blue. The daughter of your child will remember that once someone in her lineage was blueblood. Royalty.

I particularly have nothing against self advancement, I advocate for it especially in instances where the self advancement also is good for the public.
You put the publics interest first, and disregard yours. That's what they say, but I believe you can out the publics interest first and yours too. It's just that people fail to think in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I at least believe in better things than they do, I dont believe in tribalism.

I think it's all about how people are brought up, what they think, what there convictions that should be important. If you truly believe that being a thief is more beneficial than being an entrepreneur then you can be sure you will become a thief when opportunity strikes you, or disaster does and you have nothing to eat. That said, if you believe that the only way you can get votes is by aligning people in tribal groups, as much as you advocate for good, when the circumstances arise, the opinion polls are not by your side...

"Mzee, if you want to win this, just speak in vernacular."

"Mzee, no one cares about ideals, that's the way it is..."

"you have already spent too much on this..."

"you can't loose..."

And if a person is not of conviction. If a person is not brave or intelligent enough to believe that the ideas we have are only correct until someone brings evidence that gravity isn't a phenomenal that applies everywhere, you can be on the moon where things don't fall, then we are screwed. If a man believes or shows signs of believing that everyone will always sink down rationality for tribalism they are wrong.

If there will be one that will be true from the beginning to the end. An aspirant that will convince everyone that hey, you guys are all fucked, you are all in debt, you are paying too much for fuel, it is very hard to get a rise, looking for a job is hard, you aren't getting enough vacation time, the hospitals are discriminative, the police persons are harassing you, and I am here, I have a plan to change all this, and you can ask me questions, I have a think tank of people working with me, and if you gave me your votes, we will solve all this. You don't believe me, check out my manifesto, you dint believe it, check out the detail plans, in one year, these are the decisions I will make about the accountability of the police service, at the end of my fourth month in power this is how I will ensure you have a job no matter your county, I have plans for each one of you. Vote for me.

If his message is convincing enough, to touch your heart, to touch the heart of the person living in a cartoon box, you can be sure that person will make president, but you see problem is, the people with the right ideas lack presentation, you can be the best but no one will ever know if you don't present well. Everyone will rush to the other option of the one with bad interests and good presentation.

This is the 21st century. People know what they want, give people what they want, or present yourself in a way they will realize you know what they want. The moment I promise to change your circumstances for better, the moment anyone realizes that you will benefit them, you have their hearts.

Think about it, we live in a materialistic society, we find happiness in consumerism (which I don't advocate for), we want comfort, we want prosperity, let your goal be known. Let this be what people see when they see you, let them not make a difference between you and this ideals. And I promise you, you will run a campaign like no other. YES WE CAN did it.

When times are hard, tribalism is noise, and no one wants to hear your noise when someone is telling me how I am destined for a great life, if they vote for them.


Someone should stand up for the challenge, aren't Kenyans waiting.

*share this with someone who is up for the challenge, they have my vote. Do they have yours...

Let's change Kenya,,,