Monday 30 April 2012

Guess what? It does.




It was on Wednesday. She was on leave, everyone was at work so we hooked up. They say sometimes boredom is a great aphrodisiac, cause you are with your ex, lights are out and there is nothing else to do.

She was lying down. She didn't swallow. She cursed a little though, as she ran to the sink to spit it out. But her cursing wasn't clear. It's bad manners to talk with a filled mouth.

"why are you that mad?"

The sunset was orange and partly golden. She couldn't have been that mad cause of you know...

Instead of dropping her home. I took a surprise turn at a hotel Bontana. The good thing about big fancy hotels is that hardly no one is there during the day or rather the people you know. So no one will question the person you are with, cause people who party in sound proof hotel rooms...

"can I have a fanta orange."

I ordered.

"I will have a black ice."

She ordered. I was younger than she was. But now I felt like a total kid. Ladies will take their order first for the rest of their life. I however had the black ice, she had the fanta. And I was serious.

Besides, she wasn't going to try drown her stress in alcohol, it's counter productive. She had to tell me why she was stressed. 

"...you have swallowed my dear, you have no dignity left"

"what did you just say?"

"nothing."

"...are you forgetting you were literally on your knees trying to get me to do that for you!"

"so what's stressing you?"

I knew only such a bold comment would make her see her stress as less embarrassing. Let's be honest. Aren't problems embarrassing?

"Get the bill I will show you..."

She instructed me how to drive. I didnt know where I was going but take the next left turn, take the next right turn, go straight. She wouldn't reveal where we were going. But I drove since she was getting a kick out of it. And my intention was that she be happy. Besides she is my friend.

"are you serious? I know this place, Players Theater."

"how?"

"we used to be brought here to learn piano on weekends, I virtually spent my child hood here."

I drove in and parked at the field. It's funny how different you see things when you grow up.

"why are we here?"

She held my hand took me behind the building. Planted a kiss on my lips. I didn't want to open my mouth, for obvious reasons.

She went there for practice. She was in a band. And they didn't have enough gigs. That was what was stressing her. I even didn't know she was in music. I am the worst friend ever. I thought.

I pulled her hand. We went to the car.

"where are you taking me?"

"it's my turn now, you had your turn before, let me drive, just trust me..."

We stopped at a florist shop. It is the only florist shop I know in town. If you have a wedding, that would be the place you got your flowers. I bet she thought I was getting her red roses or some other shit like that. I could see her almost selecting. So, I talked to the guy, he showed me the flowers. He told me that most people buy roses from him for weddings but business has been a little slow. I told him I will try tell a number of people about his shop. He was very happy. I also told him about my friend. I told him she was a musician and she sang at weddings with her band. I gave him a bunch of his cards and told him. Watu wakikuja kununua flowers for a wedding. Whether he could suggest to them some live music from a band.

I have never been hugged like that before. That man decided we were a couple and we were good people. He was touched by what he thought was love between me and my friend. I had to buy just one stick of flower from him. He decided he was going to help us out. He took the cards. We left.

"Bob, that was really sweet..."

"...you know I put your interest first, am not trying to be a bad boy, that charm is weak, am trying to be a good boy, am being an angel. Do you like angels?"

"yes, yes, yessss."

She thought I was taking her home. We stopped by a wedding planners office. They mostly did cooking for weddings. We had a chat with them. They assumed we wanted to get married. We didn't let them assume that. They told us they are very busy every weekend. Some months actually they had like four weddings to cater to in a day. And I told the wedding planner I wanted a job. She laughed cause we went to primary school together. I pretended I was serious, but in mind I had done the calculation. Three four weddings a weekend, that means about two gigs for her band in a week. I gave her some business cards, she told me she will do what she can.

We went back to the car.

"Bob you dont have to do this..."

"what do you want us to do, it's Wednesday everyone else is busy?"

To tell you the truth, I think the happiest moment one can ever have is when they make someone else happy. Such paradox and not an oxymoron statement. 

As we drove her bladder got full. I guess it was from the soda and what not. We were very far from her home which is along the Nakuru Nyahururu route. We had to stop, it had reached that point it was either she did it in the car or on herself, or she did it outside. I encouraged her, though her biology was what I think did most of the encouraging.

She opened the co-drivers door. She squatted. I waited for her to start. You know how loud women are when they pee.

Then I made fun of her to pieces as she did it.

We got back to the car. But to the back seat. We even didn't do it on the back seat. We did it on the floor of the back seat. You know Range Rovers don't have that bump for the chases on the back seat. Do they? The car I was in had, that's where she was arched on, and I was trying to move the car sideways with my thrust as I watched for any charitable person who would stop offering help thinking we are stuck. You know Kenya, no one trust anybody. We did it in peace to pieces.

Her phone rang. 

"yes, yes..."

"we can do love songs..."

"this weekend?"

"yes, that can be possible."

"okay. Thank you."

I didn't hear the other side of the conversation. But she undid her seat belt and kissed my cheek a good one. You know how chics have this idea that if they kiss a dude really good it says thank you very well.

Guess what, it does.