Thursday 5 April 2012

let's win.


Is everything that it takes to be the best worth the pleasure of being the best? Why try to hard to be the best? Suffer waking up early in the morning hitting the concrete jungle way earlier than the early bird that catches the warm? Only for a few seconds of glory. Work for years for a trophy that will awarded to you for seconds?

I flip through channels at two in the morning, BBC, to E!, to supersports...all not interesting, throw the remote on the carpet. I press eject, forward, play, eject, insert forward play and wonder why did I get all those movies, crap. I turn to satellite radio, hottrax I listen for a while, I shut it, music starts to feel stale at some time.

I move to the bedroom, four o'clock, time isn't moving, I feel sleep in my eyes, but I know if I seat in bed I still will not sleep, so I don't bother. I pick my phone, I start to BBM, I pick my iPad, I look for someone to chat with, 2am kenyans are awake, 4am, no Kenyan is online.

I write a post. It's a little past four and I have nothing else to do. I want to pick a book and study, but for what? I haven't slept for days, but I still can't sleep. I walk to the window, I look outside, everyone is asleep, even the watchman. No one is actively texting back. I leave my phone on the bed. Am alone.

I think about calling my siblings and all, but they would be asleep. I wear my head phones, listen to some rock. Take trips to the kitchen and drink milk from the bottle when am hungry. Trying to cheat my stomach it's food. I don't feel like eating or cooking or chewing so...

It's like this everyday, I know morning will come, and I will need to start the day early, but I can't force myself to sleep. And I always start early, two hours sleep is okay, but don't touch me that day, lack of adequate sleep causes irritability, lesson leaned from the school of hard knocks.

You ask where I get the time to do this? Now you know, and by the way it's very easy for me, cause practice makes perfect, plus I think my mind and heart has been curved to write.

What else can we do? Yes, you have everything, but you can't just hang out, cause everyone has gone to the world to look for something. I need some drama, I need some action I think. And that's why I decided the best option is to opt to want the best. Can you think of anything better?

If everything goes well for a man, he starts to fight with himself, men are about performance and fighting right? So, I guess that's why am starting to think there is nothing else to do here rather than the things humans did six million years ago.

Work, sex, play, laugh, cry, eat, travel but in different ways, from horses to high horse powered cars with the logo of a raging bull or Ferrari. Amongst other thing...

I guess I come here cause am bored, I guess I try to outsmart everyone cause I don't have anything else to do. What else do I do? Isn't it just try to drive better, sex better, laugh louder, wear softer?

Life is short, so how about I have fun with it? do something, cause sweating is not work, sometimes it's just dramatic!