Tuesday 10 July 2012

Aiming at the skies & taking a break at times

The court clerk (the guy in the cheap suit who organises the files in court), is seated next to a lady. The lady is definately out of his league. She is a court clerk. Peharps she is someones else wife.

Ladies are scary, you could be a boss & think for that reason you will park the biggest car at the parking lot. But you never know whether you junior who is a lady is married to a lawyer or a judge, or a business man who likes to spoil his wife with nice cars.

This court clerk looks like those women. That's why she looks & feels better than everyone.
So this case is about a farmer & shares. So its a civil case, that means its complex but not as emotionally draining as a criminal case.

Criminal cases could make you vomit cause sometimes you have to hear about a guy having sexed a sheep & the wife is complaining & sh.

Civil cases are boring cause its mostly about money. And with money comes bank statements & serial numbers & endless documents.

Ask an accountant. I can't even read my statement. They send them to me, I have the papers & I have read them and I still ask like an illiterate person...

"so does this mean I have money or I don't..."

And if you are asking an accountant. They tell you..."

"we have credited your account..."

Who understands those? The credit & debit thingies. Those things are so complex. Then its negative when you don't have money sometimes, its negative also sometimes when you have money but when they allow you credit. Huh? Wtf??

You see why one could easily get bored sitting in a court room during a civil proceedings.

"serial number six zero eight nine..."

"serial number eight, four two nine..."

"hawo ma-surveyors walikuja kuona shamba..."

The clients lawyer goes on & on.

I like being here. Cause ata when am sixty. I will be here. I will be standing & arguing. I will be persuasive & well prepared. I will be a good lawyer. This isn't in my course work. Being here is not a requirement for everyone. But for me it is important. I want to learn being a good lawyer like you learn songs on radio. By osmosis. It just plays at the back of your mind, cause that's how genius becomes. I read sometimes then hang out sometimes in court to cream all the theory with practicals.

But when this guy gets this boring. I walk out & go for squash. Bye.
Sent from my BlackBerry®