Tuesday 3 July 2012

Facebook's rule book...

I had taken a break from Facebook, you could almost call it a break up, but not quite. The thing with Facebook and I is that we have had a long standing relationship. Back in the day before it was crowded with disgusting photos & graphic ones, it got me laid. It was my wing man, good times.

Then I grew up, I realized, women became more crafty with photoshop, and what I saw was not what I got, so my frustration rose. 

I decided maybe it was time to change its use. So I decided, hey, how about I use it to promote my blog. That meant it turns from a private affair to a public affair. The thought of employing someone to run my account for me, keep my relationships alive crossed my mind. But... That's not something to discuss at this time of the day.

As I said, it all started like all relationships start, Facebook & I had fun. But now, am having second thoughts about it, my newsfeed is flooded with nonsense, it's now a competition on who is the funniest, wittiest, who gets the most comments, friend request and sh like that. Petty stuff, and I feel a break up coming. Do you feel a break up coming?

Do you feel as if it's a bit pointless? Especially when I decided to take a break from it for two weeks, but I couldn't make it and came back after one. I thought Facebook would throw me flowers, & underwear, welcoming me back. But they brought me a notice, letters telling me that my account will be flagged for breaking rules and what not.

Excuse me? When did it get this serious? The things I can't do in public (and am not a snob) like meeting new people, telling them, hey this is me, this is my blog, you have nice shoes, I think we can be friends... Now Facebook decided I can't do it here amongst other things. You know what. F you!

I quit, am walking away, but I can't cause this relationship has been for years. Besides I want to make use of my blackberry services, which I pay for religiously & underuse them as religiously. 

So...am thinking of getting a plane ticket. Should I? Fly to the Facebook head quarters & blow things out of proportion. You know? Like a proper break up. I throw stuff all over the place like a girl that has been cheated on. I will paint the cars of the directors red, I know I can't write Slut on them like they write on television & music videos. Maybe I can spray paint the computer screens, write Rule Book in the place of Facebook. Or maybe I can go get that guy that invented Facebook, perhaps he would be seated with his ka-white poodle.  Maybe I could spray paint the dog red? Cute? No? It's not a good idea? Lawyers should know better than that?

What? I have feelings. Maybe it's time I tweeted more than I face booked, besides, Facebook doesn't have a bird. What social site doesn't have a bird as a logo. Mchew.