Friday 27 July 2012

Star your show.

Nothing is going to stop me. No, not even the milk in my balls, not the fillings of a bra. Nothing is going to stop me, not gold coated jewels, I want the real deal. I want my dream. Am not settling for half of it.

Am not settling for half a drive way, I want to drive miles into my compound, a round about in the middle, a fountain. A big one. Am not settling for half of that. I want the whole deal. Am not going to settle for a half marriage, half love, distributed kisses. 

...just imagine if my apartment had big windows, running from the floor to the ceiling. Taste the sun rays splash in. Clear, clean, you can taste the beauty. 

That's that. But right now, let's go shopping. There I am holding the trolley, pushing it. Looking around at the shelves, one hand driving the shopping trolley, the other on the phone. Pick peanut butter, pick chocolate spread for bread. Then on second thought return it up the shelf. I need to be healthy right...

So cottage cheese should do. I decide. Drop it in my trolley.

Wow...

I drop my phone. The battery is inches away from the screen, the battery cover is even further. The noise got her attention. Shoot. She saw me.

Am on one knee. Am trying to feel the ground with my hands, my eyes on her, instead collecting the pieces of my phone.

But her beauty is paralyzingly. I think she noticed. She giggled, she swag her shopping basket. She smiled. Then she looked away.

She walked away, she was wearing a dress. Maybe I shouldn't call it a dress. It's sort of a shuka she just put on herself; with a belt. Perfect dorm. She wrapped herself with it. It balloons where it is supposed to. It's so sheer, yet so loose. When she moves you can see the jelly vibrations move under. 

For a second time froze. Nothing else matter, not who saw me staring. Not who saw me smiling. Dropping my phone. 

"potatoes two kilos please..."

I was at the vegetable section. I had to move on, like we all have to move on when we see some one perfect. Someone attractive, someone that makes everyone look like just people. And makes you and her look like, you know how to dress better, you more cooler than everyone else. You were meant for each other.

"three tomatoes..."

As I picked one onion. Helped the shop attendant place it in the plastic bags before putting them on the scale. 

My phone wasn't on my ear any more, it was in my pocket. Forgotten. All of a sudden, I was hungry. I was doing things with my hands, picking fruits, oranges, feeling whether they were ripe. It was all natural. I was salivating. 

I was salivating for her. 

I started to push my trolley away from the vegetable section. 

"hey, man... Customer, your potatoes!"

"oh"

I went back for them. All of a sudden I was in a rush. To shop? Maybe I was trying to get close to her? Look for her, she must have been still in the shop. Is that what attraction is? Magnetism? Attraction as the world itself. 

She was picking shower gel, I stopped a distance away. I coughed. She turned. She smiled again. I smiled back. And my heart took a flight, my breathing took a pump. 

Why are you staring at shower gel? I could see the green one, I think it was Fa, for men. It had tangerine, energetic, revitalizing. They were mostly packed in black, blue, green, guy colors. Then the women's were cream, sensational, yorgut, pink, white, creamy. 

She moved away. I waited a little before I moved too.

She was about fifteen people away from the counter. I was too. But the queue next to hers. Parallel. We were stiff. I was looking at her from the corner of my eye. She was looking at me at the corner of her eye. 

It's like we were totally aware of each other. While everyone else was just in a hurry to shop and do nothing else.

...

I shut the door behind me. She looked more beautiful at closer range. Her scent was dreamy, it was as if she had worn the most wonderful perfume at one moment. Then at another moment, it wasn't there. She was (breathing in deep, breathing out deep) I didn't have her phone number. I knew she was in college. I didn't know which, but I asked her for her name. But she looked nice her right knee on the right end of my sofa seat-on cushion, her left knee on the left end of the cushion edge. I was somewhere in the middle, her dress was somewhere close to her shoulder. 

...

No am kidding. She didn't smile at me. Was it cause I didn't drop my phone? Should i have dropped my phone as a compliment? You see what happens when you live like everyone. Your story is as flat as everyones'. I don't want a flat story, you don't want a flat story. You want me to have smiled at her, and she at me. Or even better, I smiled at her, she didn't smile at me. I said hi, then she slapped me. Then everyone in the shop got involved. Then Bobby tried to out of that mess by...