Saturday 16 June 2012

People do change! ?

My last birthday was something. I had carried an extra pair of clothes, I found my suitcase open. My boxers missing. I found them on a girl who was in the pool at 11pm, midnight? I don't remember.

It didn't happen at a club, it didn't happen at a lounge, it didn't happen at the beach, it didn't happen in Paris, Las Vegas or J'burg. It happened in North Coast, at a pent house master king suite at a hotel by the beach. 

We had seen it before, it had three bathrooms, two of which had glass windows on the walls, and a green tinted glass roof. So you could see the young moon and the bright sunset as you showered.

As in showering was not a private affair, glass doors? A kitchen, bedrooms, beds, master beds. Yes, the biggest bed was meant to be mine and the girl that was supposed to get me a cake. I figured, we would have sex. So I told everyone that attended the party not to have sex on that bed. Then she decided to just bring the cake, and not spread legs. 

"I can't believe her man..."

"I planned to spend it with her..."

But not to worry, it was my birthday, I am the one who vetoed the guest list. Oh, plus my friends. So there was another girl I could have a shot with, take my frustrations out off. Besides, I was birthday boy, I was single and I was of a shallow mind, like a teenager running on hormones.

Option B,

But I can't say she was option B, she was the one I actually wanted. But option A, had virgin issues. So, I don't think she was going to give it up at such a party. It was crowded, but crowded well. If you were a guy, and perhaps you made a mistake and woke up next to a girl, even the least fliest of them, was a super model. The most beautiful was a super model of super models.

If you were a girl, umh, you know my friends. Real men bana. Need I say more? I need? 

She was fly, oh she was, she sat next to me. We tried to learn how to use the remotes in the living room, as in living room in a hotel room, like a gazillion balconies, I could get used to that. It started with the door lock, no key card reader or some shit of that sort. 

Then there was trying to work the remote controls, you think you switching on the television, but the air conditioner is what went on. The hotel staff were friendly, they let us carry wine glasses and drinks for those who had ordered to the room. All of us, the so many of us. But not too many. More than ten, less than 30, I think.

I can't remember cause some spent most of the night at the pool. Those who swam naked, the management allowed it, they just switched off the lights. It was no orgy, it was no sex. We all had reputations to protect, so major flirting and kissing alone. No camera phones, no evidence. 

Anyways, I didn't sleep on my bed, I slept at the balcony, someone had left their phone playing under one of the umbrellas on the table. It played most of the night. I kissed girl B, she pulled her pants down, but I only touched, not too far, I died. I died. I really died. So large, but not quite, too soft, yet so firm, yet not. It was all like adrenaline to my heart. 

Girl C, she cooked well, she loved me helpless, but I think am the first man she had ever loved for real, so she was a little clueless, she took my shit. I have been paying for the rest of the time after that day.

What she did. I think somewhere along the party she couldn't take it any more, maybe it was curfew, or it was heart break. She just broke down, open the balcony glass door, came where I was hiding under the blanket with this other girl. And she kissed my cheek, right next to my lip. It wasn't a three sum. But pants down, even though doing nothing pumping-ish, a kiss from someone else, so fly. Happy birthday to me.

So, girl A was in one of the rooms I didn't care about that time. I had the time of my life. My next birthday was to be a blast, I promised, party like a rock star.

And it came, it was this year.

What happened? The day before my birthday I still didn't have plans. I plan my birthday for months. I don't like surprises from friends like many do, cause I don't think they would throw me a party good enough. Sorry, am a control freak, I love the planning. Planning is my hobby actually. Device.

So, am walking out of Central Police station getting an abstract for another phone I lost, on my way to safaricom to block it. 

"my birthday is tomorrow... I need to be Happy tomorrow, I haven't planned for anything..."

I walk along the street. I am trying to think about what my birthday would be like compared to the one before. You know what I did? 

I walked into Kenya Airways. 

"one ticket please..."

"what about return?"

And the next day, was my birthday. The flight was 10am. I was in bed. I called the cab guy, told her to pick my girlfriend from the airport. I decided to sleep until she knocked on my door. I knew she would have to take a flight back to NBO in literally hours.

But can you imagine, in just a year, I have become the guy who doesn't want anything more than to just have his girlfriend for his birthday.

My friends say am whipped, Cupid must be laughing at how successful he was with me, I think am just in love. And I have been in love for quite long. It feels as fresh as the first day every time.

She so pretty, and am so sure, she is the one, she makes me feel like the best gift is her time, she makes me feel like the most beautiful thing is her standing with her bags at my door step. It's hard to explain. Is it okay to say thank you for you?

I don't need plan, A,B or C. It's as easy as A,B,C, if you didn't kiss me on my birthday, I would wait till my next birthday for you to kiss me, cause if it isn't you, it is no one else. And girl, am I so comfortable waiting for you. Am glad I don't have to though, I love you. 

Love is, either you or nothing. You or nothing baby. I have to have the best or nothing at all. I have to have you. I am glad I have you.