Wednesday 13 June 2012

Forwarded Email (secrets)

People make emotional decisions and support them with facts. Most of my pals started clubbing at ilcovo based on word of mouth recommendations. "the music is nice, you can't lose your phone" then after a while people started saying "have you gone there lately, they just cover up unfurnished tables with wine glasses and fancy bottles" 

An eighth of the people are the ones who publicly show there love for something. The rest enjoy it in silence. Imagine the number that has something negative to say. But don't say it. 

I remember the first time I came to ilcovo. We wanted to seat at the beach and the waiter asked for the sofas to be brought outside to the beach. It was wonderful. Time of our life. That time everyone talked so positively about it. And to now it hadn't changed but peoples opinion on ilcovo has changed. 

That's why when you ask random people on Facebook about it, they tell you something like "I don't like the music anymore, I don't like the structures" and I don't think much of that has changed its just that when someone stops liking something they look for reasons why they don't like it. When someone loves something they look at reasons why they love it.

As much as it is good to try to inquire what has gone wrong. at the end of the day people will make emotional decisions and support them with facts. So just make people like the club, by making them feel appreciated they will find things they love about it. 

Ilcovo was like a friend. I read there updates, I visited it, I talked about it, we talked about it. I even bbmed it, come on which club can beat that? Then one day out of the blue I go there on my birthday and the waiter treats me like trash. Infront of my girl friend. Trust me there is no way am going back.

Anyways, sorry about the long email but there are over six universities that have come up in a span of 4 years in Mombasa. The flights to nairobi in the four airlines are usually booked. The students that will be graduating and getting jobs in Mombasa every year are all about partying and drinking and nothing else. You may want to retain those. 

Have a lovely day. Regardless nice place you got there. But don't let your staff ruin all the hard work you put in.

Sign off. 
Cool people stopped clubbing at ilcovo.
Sent from my BlackBerry