Monday 18 June 2012

"untitled" (part 2)

...but somehow I have to get a few real people, enough of the hundreds of fake ones!

So, what's the plan? New friends. Why? Cause I need them. Where do I start? From where I begun. Venue? Guava, the one upstairs that serves sushi.

I am seated at the balcony, if I turn to my left I see Merica Hotel, if I look down I see traffic and cars all over. When I look in front across the table I see a girl seated across my table. She is beautiful. I had a thing for her. To my left is a guy...

This guy I met at some private club, we used to go to the same school somewhere in Milimani, it was like one of the only private school here, we all transferred to better. But then it was the best.

It had been over ten years since we talked, but we met at the club. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw him was shit.

This is a guy who was my friend in primary school. Then one day, out of the blue, whilst we were playing in the field, in the middle of the field after lunch when everyone was present, the whole school. He pulled my shorts down, not up to the knees, up to my ankles. Those days we wore brief underwear. I was embarrassed. Years had past, we met at that country club. I got his number, I invited him for coffee, he was seated on my left, with completely no idea of what I had planned for him.

The girl in front of me, she had a thing for me, I had a thing for her. When we met I invited her out to a club. Not a club with tennis courts, a night club. It was the first Friday of school. We were just getting to know each other. She had declared she had a thing for me through her eyes and body language. 

Yes. That girl sitting in front of my table made me cry tearless tears for years and years. How can someone who you just met make you cry tearless years for years and years?
Simple. When you meet. The first time you meet she publicly declares it is you she wants. Then on that Friday night you first go out. She gets swept away by a guy who was supposed to become your friend.

We all become friends. Her, and the guy seated next to her. They are my dear friends. That girl that chose him instead of me! And the guy who pretended to be passing my messages to her!

"by the way that girl has a thing for you Bobby, do you want me to tell her you feel the same for her."

"wow, yes"

Then the next day I hear from a third party that both of them were together.

Yes. The third party who told me is also another friend. He is also seated on the table around. He is making his order for food, we might share the bill. But if they don't. I will be the one paying, partly cause am the one who invited them. Or, cause it's a silent rule that I am the one to catch the bill when everyone else ignores it. Shit rule! NkT.

This guy, this friend used to work for our family. Maybe that's why he was such a suck up and told me. "hey those two are sleeping together."

He stole by the way. While he worked for us he stole. He stole from me too. And made me tip him thinking he was doing good work. I was actually tipping him for stealing from me. And there he was, making his order.

"bring it with mango juice"

He didn't know what was coming. I couldn't believe he was actually trying to flirt with the girl seated next to him. He knows I have had sex with her what the hell?

The girl seated next to him was new to my friends. We hadn't hang out together all of us as a group of friends. So she kind of didn't quite fit in. She had problems with expressing herself.

She took time to express herself in proper english. We talked together when she was at my place, cause I gave her time to express herself. But in a group where everyone is fluent & fast. It was hard for her, cause they didn't let her construct her sentences. They didn't give her time to. So she kept hanging.

But I put her on the spot always. I tried to talk to her often, draw attention of everyone to her.

"so what do you think about the steak?"

She asked for the menu.

"come on you can't order out of the menu"

She looked like she wanted to eat me alive.

She looked nice, she dressed well, to well like she was compensating for something. I loved that, she did everything extra well, in bed, kitchen and all else.

We all sat there. I wanted friends to hang out with, and here they were. Are these people who you call your friends? Or people you let run the bill then you leave. Call them and tell them to suck it? Or worse... Worse... I had brought all of them together for a reason.

(...to be continued in "untitled" (part 3)


Sent from my BlackBerry®