Wednesday 13 June 2012

Mrs Hot Stuff.

There was once when I was at the counter. I paid in advance, actually I just transferred my excess tuition fees to the cafeteria. Sneaky, not! That way, I didn't have to touch dirty money just before lunch, paying for lunch still feels so demeaning, I liked signing for lunch.

There was this girl, wasn't she hot. As in smoking hot, the kind of girl whose most defining characteristic is beauty. When people don't know your name, what do they refer you to as? 

"huyo chali na Afro?"

"that creative genius..."

She was...

"that hot light girl in heels."

Everyone knew her. Her Facebook account reached 5,000 almost every week, grapevine ama true story? 

"ona, ona... Look at your friend..." the guy at the counter said.

I was holding the pen, people were on the queue and I was wasting their time staring. I hadn't noticed until I heard people laughing, yes, I was caught staring at her, not her swells , hills, valleys, wacha hizo, her legs, her face. Basic stuff. Wewe, she was no jokes. It's like I had seen an angel, you wouldn't stare at an angel? Come on, that's why I stared long enough for everyone to stop there chit chat and stare at me staring at her. Talk about awkward silence.

But it was allowed, come on, hottest girl in school. 

Alafu she only hang out with hot chics. Yes, all of them in one room; all drinks turn hot. Ice cubes melt. Alafu they were a group, oh my. So high up there. For the first time I felt like I didn't believe in myself, in the presence of such beauty who does? Hapana tell me who does? Have you ever meet someone whose beauty made you feel like you were nothing? And am a guy, you guy. Boss? Madam? Feel me? Wacha tu.

Do you know Beyonce? Imagine if she walked up to you and said.

"hi ____"  (insert your name there)

Randomly, you would almost scream, overwhelming. Think about how you would feel. See, such a girl had a relationship with the whole school, like Beyonce has a relationship with the whole world. We knew stuff about that girl, only her friends would know, but then everyone knew, we watched her, we knew what she had for lunch, cause we noticed her.

What do you know about your friends? Where they leave? Who they hang out with?  Do you spend time with people on television? In your head phones. They are in your life just that you don't see them in real life.

So lately, this chic sent me a friend request. You know I almost cried. It's the way you used to talking on the phone with your long lost relative, then all of a sudden they are at the airport. And they hug you. You cry. You can't contain it.

I hadn't talked on the phone with her, she hadn't said hi to me, didnt even know she knew me, years after, I still have butterflies in my stomach just seeing her friend request. Sijui I wanted to eat it. Even though she isn't as fly now, she already has a kid by the way, she kind of started hanging out with women who aren't so fly, I saw the photos. She has a good job though, just seeing the company she worked for. There are guys in her photos. Some of my friends are in her photos. I guess time changed, things changed, life happened. 

She is still fly, that's why every guy on the photos are holding her so firmly, like to show, am the man. I got her, even the father of the toi. Am sure, that was his idea. Am the man, plus love, cause how could you not like that girl?

I guess whoever you spend the most time with, somehow you develop a soft spot for them, not love maybe, but a soft spot, on television, on social media, wherever. No wonder we always forgive celebrities. Come on, aren't they sort of like our friends?

So, what's your most defining characteristic? You better get one, cause I know you will screw up one day, and you will need us to forgive you. Post, imeeisha.